Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another Earth Review

So I was scrolling through rotten tomatoes for something interesting. Checking out how the movies in theaters are doing, what's going to be or is good and what not when I come across the trailer for this movie "Another Earth".

The premise in the summary I read after I saw the trailer and I still wish I had instead read it instead of being a lazy bum and going for the visuals first. My five minutes of wasted life would have thanked me. Now I didn't see the film only the trailer and I'm already disappointed. I've seen a lot of movies and I still love them, so I'm no hardened critic.

Any way the movie is about a world where there is an Earth 2 and there's another version of everyone on this planet.  This girl who has a mess of a life wants to go there to see if her other self did any better. While the music and scenes seem gripping, the story line is obvious and will surely make the film fall flat.

The movie is supposed to be a sci fi flick but of course the trailer shows her falling in love with some guy (she killed his family in a car accident....while staring out at Earth 2...). I thought she was a drunk party girl but no she just hits them on accident and then is sad but not sad enough to fall for the dude that survives. So I'm sure the movie will show her being sad, him finding out and being angry, and the audience never getting to see this cool freaking Earth 2 that might and could be so different from ours.

All because she (for whatever reason) falls in love with the guy whose family she killed. Come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment